Lying in bed, eyes open. Wondering why you can’t sleep?
In a recent book, Sleep Easily® Method Sleepguide, Dr. Richard Shane tells us common causes of insomnia. The top five are revealed here:
• Stress – Financial, work, relationships, time or news events – stressors can all run through your mind, making sleep difficult.
- Work hours – Long hours, shift work, being on call – The body is meant to sleep during darkness and stay awake during the light. Disruptive work schedules interrupt this natural process it can be hard to sleep.
- Physical discomfort – Pain can keep you awake. Shifting to find a comfortable sleep position makes it hard to fall asleep. Turning over and hitting a painful area on your body can make you wake up in the middle of the night.
- Medical conditions – Medical conditions including hormonal imbalance, thyroid, cancer, lung disease and others make it hard to sleep.
- Medication – There are many medications which interfere with sleep, such as prednisone, thyroid and others.
There are many ways to deal with sleep difficulties from sleep hygiene to medication.
For information our our medication-free sleep method visit www.sleepeasily.com
Click here to receive Sleep Easily news, tips and special offers.